Kumquat Cream Pie RecipeElla Nordell-Morris
Looking for a dessert that reminds you of warm, summer days during winter time? We are here to help! Kumquat cream pie is a delicious pie that has a similar taste to key lime or lemon meringue pie. Kumquats are in-season during winter and are the perfect fruit to use for this sweet, tart, treat! Kumquat cream pie will be sure to transport you to warmer days and summer memories.
Kumquat Cream Pie:
- 1 ½ cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons of melted butter
- ⅓ cup of granulated sugar
- 4 cups of kumquats (about ¾-1 cup when pureed)
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz container of whipped topping
- Handful of washed blueberries (optional garnish)
- Create the crust by combining the ingredients and pressing the mixture into the bottom and sides of your pie dish.
- It should be tight and compact. Chill for two hours while you make the filling.
- Cut the kumquats in half and remove the seeds. Puree the kumquats until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. For about 2 to 3 minutes, beat on medium speed until it starts to thicken.
- Add in the pureed kumquats and beat on a low speed. Stop when ingredients are combined.
- Fold in the whipped topping with a spatula and pour the mixture into the crust.
- Let pie sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Before serving, add any optional garnishes like whipped cream or, sliced candied kumquats. , or other fruits like blueberries. Enjoy!
Leave Your Comment