2 Easy & Delicious Potatoes Recipes
Siena Inocberia Handani
1. Potato Gratin
- 2 lbs of Potatoes, peeled and sliced into ⅛” slices
- 3 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1-1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Branches Fresh Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Leaves of Sage
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Small Pinch Grated Nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups Grated Cheese (any cheese you like)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F, grease a baking dish with some butter and set aside.
- Place half of the potato slices evenly in the buttered baking dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add the butter and let it melt over medium heat, add the flour and stir together for about 1 minute.
- Add the milk, cream, thyme, sage, and garlic, bring to a simmer, and cook until thickened. Season with some salt, pepper, and grated nutmeg. Remove the garlic and herbs once the sauce is done.
- Pour half of the cream sauce over the potatoes, repeat with the last layer of potatoes and cream, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, scatter the cheese over the top and finish baking the potatoes for 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
2. Potato Wedges
- 2 Potatoes (Yukon gold for a lovely buttery flavor)
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 tsp of Freshly Minced Rosemary
- 1 tsp of Fresh Lemon Zest
- Coarse Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 °F and place a baking sheet in the oven to preheat as well.
- Place the wedges of potatoes onto a microwave safe plate and microwave them for about 5 minutes or so to cook them half way through.
- Toss potatoes with the oil and place them in one layer on the hot baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and cook potatoes until they are golden brown and crispy, approximately 25 minutes, flip them over half way through.