The Best Holiday Sweet FrittersDara Wechsler
The holidays are here and there is no better way to celebrate than with a homemade dessert.
Every year I scour the internet looking for the best and easiest recipe to make and excite my family. So, this year I found these delicious sweet fritters that were a hit! There really is nothing better than freshly fried, piping hot fritters dusted with powdered sugar and drizzled with jam or some dark melted chocolate.
So, if you’re looking for an easy to make holiday dessert that your family won’t be able to resist, try this recipe.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook time 4-6 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 cups of whole ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 4-6 cups of canola oil for frying
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of preferred jam or jelly
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, until it reaches 365 degrees F.
- While the oil is heating up, whisk together in a bowl the eggs, ricotta, sugar, and vanilla. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and lemon zest until well combined.
- Pour and stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a spoon until it comes together and there are no lumps.
- If you don’t have a way of measuring the heat of the oil, place a spoon in the oil and you’ll know if the oil is hot enough once bubbles form around the spoon. Once it’s hot enough, use a spoon or (cookie scoop) to scoop the batter and carefully drop the batter into the hot oil without overcrowding.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Always check first fritters for doneness.
- Remove fritters with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate with paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- In a small pan, heat up some jam or melt some chocolate.
- Dip your fritters and enjoy!
Leave Your Comment