Popcorn ShrimpDara Wechsler
There’s nothing like freshly homemade popcorn shrimp served piping hot. It’s a family favorite that is sure to please the party!
- 1 lb of shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1 quart of vegetable oil for frying
- seasoned flour
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Add the seasoned flour ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well.
- Then, place half the mixture in a large zip lock bag. Add the shrimp to the bag, zip with air, and shake well until the shrimp is coated.
- In a separate bowl, add egg, milk, and seasonings and mix.
- Remove shrimp from the bag and dredge the floured shrimp in the egg mixture.
- Then, coat the shrimp again with the seasoned flour mixture.
- Heat oil at 350°F (180°C) and fry the shrimp for approximately 3-4 minutes until cooked and golden brown. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and a squeeze of lemon.