Hot dogs In A BlanketDara Wechsler
No matter what party you’re throwing, the ages of the guests, or the time of year, these flaky puff pastry hot dogs are perfect. Here is our favorite way to wrap up these dogs and enjoy this traditional, favorite appetizer.
- 8 hot dogs
- 1/2 lb puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Defrost puff pastry according to package instructions.
- Prepare your hot dogs by patting them dry.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry dough on a floured counter.
- Place two hot dogs in a line. Roll the hot dog and dough until the dough ends meet, cut off any excess dough.
- Cut the dogs into thirds and repeat with the remaining hot dogs.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place the hot dogs wrapped in dough on the sheet, brush with egg wash, (if you would like, sprinkle with sesame seeds), and bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until nice and golden brown.
- Dip and enjoy with mustard or ketchup!