Chicken QuesadillasDara Wechsler
Tender chicken and shredded cheese, melted in a delicious soft tortilla, and topped with guacamole and sour cream, is delectable and delightful. Now you can enjoy this restaurant-favorite at home, just the way you like it with the ingredients you love.
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper (any color)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 medium jalapeno, diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded melting cheese
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- Cut chicken breasts into small bite-size pieces.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large pan.
- Saute the chicken breast pieces with the taco seasoning for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the diced pepper, onion, and garlic, and saute for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Then, remove the mixture from the pan and set it aside in a bowl. Wipe down the pan, add ½ teaspoon oil and a flour tortilla, top with some shredded cheese, and some of the chicken mixture.
- Fold the tortilla and cook on both sides until it’s crispy and golden. Serve with sour cream, salsa, and some guacamole.