Paleo, Grain-Free Fluffy Pancakes RecipeDara Wechsler
Amazingly light and fluffy Paleo and grain-free pancakes for all those who are looking to cut down on their wheat or suffer from celiac. These are simple, quick, easy to make and the kids will love them for breakfast.
- 2/3 cup of water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of melted butter or ghee
- 2 tbsp. of maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 21/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp of cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Add the water, eggs, 3 tablespoons of melted butter (cooled), maple syrup or honey, and vanilla in a blender.
- Blend on a high speed until you see the batter get light and frothy (less than a min)
- Add the almond four, arrowroot flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and blend at a medium speed until smooth and completely combined (around a minute). If you would like, you can stir in with a spoon some mini chocolate chips.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a teaspoon of ghee or butter for a thin even film. If needed wipe off any excess butter.
- Add batter to the pan in amounts that you desire (1/4 cup is recommended).
- Cook until you see the edges are browning as well as the bottom (2-4 minutes). Then, flip and cook on the other side.
- Repeat all the steps of batter in the pan until you finish the batter.