Caesar Salad Recipe with Homemade DressingDara Wechsler
Caesar salad may not be the healthiest choice but it’s been a favorite classic for adults and kids on every restaurant’s menu for decades. Perhaps, it’s the crunchiness of the romaine, or the creaminess and tangy taste of the garlicky dressing. Either way, it’s one of the most delicious salads that can be made and eaten. So, if you’re looking to eat real food that’s extremely easy, quick to make, and vegetarian, check out our Caesar salad recipe below!
The only thing you may need to worry about is making it to the table (try not to taste too often!).
Prep time: 15 mins
Ingredients For The Dressing
- 5 anchovy fillets, anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained (can omit if you don’t like the taste)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of a ½ small lemon
- 2 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (or replace with kosher salt for taste)
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese + extra for serving
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ cup of vegetable oil (or extra-virgin olive oil)
- 3 romaine hearts, with the leaves, separated & washed (outer leaves discarded)
- 3 cups of premade (or homemade) croutons
How To Make the Perfect Caesar Salad
- Wash, and use a salad spinner (or towel) to dry the heads of romaine lettuce. Chop or tear the romaine into bite-sized pieces and place in a large serving bowl and set aside. I like to use a wooden bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by chopping 2 out of the 5 anchovies and setting them aside. In a small chopper, blender, immersion blender, or small bowl, combine 3 anchovy fillets, egg yolks, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese. Blend until combined and gradually add the olive oil and vegetable oil, pulse a few more times until the dressing is a beautiful and thick consistency.
- Add dressing and chopped anchovies (that were set aside), gently toss in a large bowl with romaine. Grate (or sprinkle) additional parmesan cheese about 3 tsp. — over the top and serve.
- Garnish with croutons of your choice. If you would like, feel free to add some freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.
Leave Your Comment