Baby Spinach, Strawberry and Feta SaladDara Wechsler
There is nothing like a refreshing salad on a beautiful spring or summer day.
- 10oz of baby spinach
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, washed, dried, and sliced
- 5 oz crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup of thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup of toasted pecan pieces
- 3 Tbs of balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 Tbs of orange juice (freshly squeezed if possible)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 medium clove of garlic pressed or minced
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- To make the vinaigrette, combine all ingredients into a bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- Wisk until completely combined or use an immersion blender for a creamier texture.
- Toss together spinach, strawberries, half of the feta, red onion, and pecans. Drizzle the dressing over salad before serving.